I can’t believe it’s almost November! With this comes the end of camping season, at least for me. I know some people continue camping until snowfall but I’m not a fan of freezing my ass off.
I was very happy to get in one last hurrah with a long weekend of camping fun with an amazing group of friends. Remember, what happens at the campground stays at the campground. We had a great Halloween party. The weekend was mostly sitting around the fire, chatting and having
a few many adult beverages. Overall, that’s what I call a successful camping trip!
This year we connected with some old friends, Craig , Gail and girls. We got to know a group of awesome friends – Craig and Shelli, Dwight and Wanda, Chris and Sam, Dave and Kristi, Rob and Karissa, Jeremy and Chelsie, Lee, Kristi and kids, Rick, Tracy and kids.
What I learned at the campground this year (will limit names to protect the innocent lol):
- You may think the kids of South Park are cool. They have nothing on the North Side crew. Remember you don’t mess with North Side bitches!
- Sharing a 1.75 L bottle of Apple Crown may keep you in bed until 4 pm.
- Beer darts should not be played by amateurs. You may get a dart stuck in your boot.
- You have not been to a bonfire until you have one at Craig and Shelli’s.
- If the backside gets a little cold you just need to “Back that ass up” to the fire
- Karaoke is meant to happen between the hours of midnight and 4 am.
- Watch out for Shaniqua dancing on the pole at late night Karaoke.
- If you shoot a gun in a campground it may be frowned upon.
- Too many Budweiser’s can make walking into your camper a risk when raining. Could it have been the flip flops? The world will never know!
- The 80’s were definitely the best music years. AC/DC rocks – especially at karaoke night. Who Made Who?
- You can get me drunk enough to sing karaoke (didn’t think that was possible). I apologize for all the broken ear drums.
- If you want to get your UTV dirty – let Dwight drive. On a plus note, he lets you use his power washer.
- Elroy! – No other words are needed!
- Golf carts can end up on a beach.
- Tiki torches are no match for above said golf cart.
- Don’t give Craig a broomstick it will blow everyone’s mind.
- If you are an asshole, no one in the campground will like you.
- Said asshole must be blind as a fucking bat to hit his knee on a trailer hitch. Oh wait, that didn’t happen he just was being a prick to get a trailer moved.
- When pulling out of your campsite, please make sure you have your slide outs in.
- Fireworks are awesome when you can watch them from your pad and not have to drive home. Especially if you are drinking “water”.
- PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT – “Water” will make you walk sideways!
- In a campground of 200 some sites you can get lost on your way home. This may have something to do with the Apple Crown.
- You have to watch out for the firewood throwing ninja – wait, where did he go?
- Don’t drink the blueberry moonshine – trust me on this one! The after taste tastes like you shoved your tongue up a skunks ass! (No I have not stuck my tongue up a skunks ass).
- You can live in a camper held together by duct tape.
- It is possible to have a girlfriend for one night.
- They may shine helicopter lights on the campground looking for a convict. However, no one saw the helicopter that kept landing to drop family off at the duct tape palace.
- You can start a fire with Doritos just like Facebook claims!
- It is possible to get ‘cat shit’ in your wig at the Halloween party!
Until next year, my friends. I will leave you with:
Camp fire grows cold,
The campers are going home;
Time to be sad.